Thursday, December 06, 2007

More Vintage Photos


Between my sojourn in the acapella churches of Christ and my conversion to the acapella Orthodox Church, I made a pit stop in the Episcopal Church where I could actually play a guitar in public. We did a couple fund raising dinners for the parish. We managed to put a decent band together with our multi talented choir members. This was circa 1994. This is me, the Wrong Reverend Stevie Ray, lead guitarist for "The Episcopresleyans". Our intro included among other things, "We asked ourselves, what would give this act some real class? And we thought, what do you see when you go to a symphony? MUSIC STANDS! ...." After the band member introductions I'd say in the "Cool Hand Luke" drawl, "What we have here is a failure to excommunicate."

I have to say, we tried this "schtick" at an Orthodox Church and ummmm.... Episcopalians are a whole lot more fun. We should have learned an Arabic version of "Radar Love". Oh well... WE had fun.

2 comments:

Fr. Gregory Jensen said...

As always, I am in awe and moved to tears by the courage and humility that you demonstrate by posting these photos and sharing these stories about your youth!

In Christ,

+FrG

Kenzy said...

wooooowww....
dad looks skinny and young!
scary thought. ;]

love!
bahahaha