Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Its Finally Official

I am happily married. Actually, I've been happily married, but having lost 4 wedding rings in 13 years on construction sites, in buckets of mud and in the grass cleaning tools in client's garden hoses, my wife started getting suspicious. Well...one lasted quite a while and it was a 6 dollar silver band that had worn down to almost nothing and my hands have swollen so much from work I had to cut it off with some tin snips one day at work. But, I've been without a ring for almost a year now...but not any more. She bought me one for Christmas. Stainless steel with a gold band. And it fits...for now. So, yes sweetie, we are happily married. Always have been, always will. With or without a ring to prove it.

5 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

What a wonderful photo !!
Congratulations on the arrival of the replacement wedding ring, and Many Years to you both !

Anonymous said...

Awwww, garsh! xoxoxo

Mimi said...

Congratulations and Many Years!

My husband lost his original wedding ring, but he's been on the replacement (10 dollars at a street air) replacement for about 10 years now.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo...doncha both look so CUTE!!!! So in love! Sigh.

(Is your wife ever tempted to pull that thing that grows from your chin? I mean geez s-p...what is that? A beard??? LOL!)

Steve Robinson said...

LOL! I had a guy look at my 25 year old ATM card picture (I'll have to see if I can scan it and post it...) He said "WHO is that??" I told him that was when I was Cheech...now I'm Chong.
My mother (who is my Chinese half) hasn't seen me in a few months. She walked in the door at Christmas and said "Oh Jeez...you look like my grandfather!". So, yeah, in some parts of the world its called a beard. :)
s-p